Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh The Cross Eyed Bear

When I was a little boy, my mother would talked a lot about the Cross eyed bear; whenever I would piss my pants or make a mess of things. I used to wonder why this bear was so special, and what he must look like. Yes folks when I got older I learned there was no Santa Claus or a Cross Eyed Bear. Instead one should not bare a cross openly, or to seek a spurious glorification in self abasing; in order to put on an air of righteousness.

Friendships and gardening have much in common. There is much joy in producing a bountiful crop. One must plant and cultivate your seeds wisely. I am fortunate to find myself in an orchard of well established fruit bearing trees. I like BC much better than Facebook. It takes a lot of work to make a fruitful garden out of a weed infested jungle, where I have new friends I know nothing about. Like young seedlings, new friends require much more attention, unless they are like an old soul they will quickly dry up and wither away. And remember we will always have the weeds, but there are some beautiful flowers hiding among the weeds. You old souls, know what to look for.
I will learn to deal with what G-d gave me, and not bitch anymore about having too many seeds in my garden.

No comments: