Thursday, June 19, 2008

Guy Stuff

My trashy hoe is out gallivanting around with some old decrepit looking geezer, who looks to me like some kind of long dead fish. You can bet, I will set her hot little ass on fire the very first chance I get. I don't really know why I want to keep my Wild Thing anyway. I bet she has never washed a man's truck, or plucked a chicken in her life!
While she is out raising the dead, I have a chance to talk about some of the things that interest me. As many of you know, I used to be a firearms dealer for many years down here in Kentucky.
At one time, I had a huge collection of over 300 rare weapons and military relics from all over the world. I had everything from old artillery shells, and
hand grenades, to machine guns and swords.
Of my favorites, many came from the Israeli Wars. Such as my two
Egyptian Hakim Rifles, that were captured during the 1967 Six-Day War.
The Hakim's are in 7.92x57mm IS or the 8x57mm IS and here in the USA as the 8 mm Mauser or 8x57mm JS) caliber, 192 grain (12g) bullet only, and has a removable 10 round magazine intended to be reloaded with
5 round stripper clips. It was replaced in the 1960s by the Soviet AK-47 but was kept in military reserve. In more recent years, it has been observed in the hands of some Egyptian police units.

Lucky for us, the Egyptians fought like the French Army.

I also have a German Mauser Kar98k rifle.
Israel used my Nazi Mauser Kar98k rifle from the late 1940s until the 1970s.

The use of the Kar98k to establish the nation-state of Israel, is proof to me that good will overcome evil. Many Jewish organizations in Palestine acquired them from post-World War II Europe to protect various Jewish settlements from Arab attack as well as to carry out guerrilla operations against British Army forces in Palestine.

The Haganah, which later evolved into the modern-day Israeli Defense Forces, was one of the Jewish armed groups in Palestine that brought large numbers of Mauser Kar98k rifles and other surplus arms from Europe during the post-World War 2 period.

The Israeli version of the Mauser Kar98k rifles differ from the original German version in that almost all have had all of their Nazi Waffenamt markings and emblems defaced with over stamped Israeli Defence Force and Hebrew markings as part of an effort to ideologically "purify" the rifles from their former use as an infantry weapon of Nazi Germany. My Kar98k rifle is one of the rare exceptions, it still has the original Nazi markings next to the Hebrew. The Star of David, next to the nazi eagle and swastika, seems so unreal, yet cool.

During the late 1950s, the IDF converted the calibre of my rifle from the original German 7.92 mm round to 7.62 mm NATO after the IDF adopted the FN FAL rifle in 1958. All Mauser Kar98k rifles that were converted have "7.62" engraved on the rifle receiver.

The Kar98k rifle was used by the reserve branches of the IDF well into the 1960s and 1970s and saw action in the hands of various Israeli Army support and line-of-communications troops during the 1967 Six-Day War and the 1973 Arab-Israeli War.


I've been a ghost hunter/buster, long before the movie came out. Ghostbuster

Why do I like this song, and what ever happend to Shakespears Sister? Run Silent Run Deep

What a handsome devil I was; when death was only the ultimate game. Brothers in Arms

And I thought White was Black, Polk Salad Annie.


"U.S. troops psyched up on a bizarre musical reprise from the Vietnam war film 'Apocalypse Now' before crashing into Iraqi homes to hunt insurgents.... With Wagner's 'Ride Of The Valkyries' still ringing in their ears and the clatter of helicopters overhead, soldiers rammed vehicles into metal gates and hundreds of troops raided houses in the western city of Ramadi..."--Reuters,

No comments: