Sunday, September 12, 2010

Father Abraham: A Lost Lesson Not Yet Learned

There is big money to be made in religion, just as in Abraham's time, yet there would be little religion today if the world had followed this man's path as he walked away from the gods and religions of his age. To his delight he succeeded in having a personal relationship with his creator. The man we call the father of religion, had no religion, no dogma, and no holy books to go by. With only an open heart he began seeking the source of all creation, and was rewarded with a close relationship superior and far beyond that of any religion. The story of Abraham is very old and the need to know the full nature of this holy relationship is not necessary for us to understand that it was Abraham's actions that pleased the Creator. An independent walk with God is not the kind of thing those in power like to hear. For they have long used religion to gain wealth and control the will of the people. If each man and woman walked in spirit like Abraham. The very power of the religious and ruling class would diminish. The last thing they would want you to know, is that every man woman and child can walk with God free from religious and state dogma. When I was religious it was a penitence of perpetual servitude, I feared God more than loved Him. Now that I am at last free from the dark veil of religion, I feel a greater closeness with the Mother of all Creation, and without the fear, I have a greater love for all things and YOU as well!











Your thought advocates Judaism, Brahmanism, Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam. In my thought there is only one universal religion, whose varied paths are but the fingers of the loving hand of the Supreme Being. In your thought there are the rich, the poor, and the beggared. My thought holds that there are no riches but... life; that we are all beggars, and no benefactor exists save life herself. Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth. I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. Kahlil Gibran

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Walter,
I tried calling your phone number and it said disconnected. Just give me a call, I sent you an email concerning meeting at Stan's (he has been real sick).
Kenna